HELPS - AUSTIN
Helps Everyone Live Peacefully Safely
HELPS-Austin is a collaborative effort:
- Register as an artist (change your membership from "user" to "artist"). Membership will require more information.
- After registering, upload your images of your art to your portfolio. Image files must be either in a jpg or png file format.
- It's a good idea to name your files so they can be attributed to you. Something like: [artwork title]_by_[artist name].[jpg or png] Change the file name to this structure before uploading.
- Names like "Untitled" should be numbered so one uploaded file does not get overwritten by another uploaded file. Use this structure to name your "untitled" image files: "untitled23_by_artist name"
- Display your art on the HELPS-Austin website. The actual sales price will be three times your wholesale price. If a nonprofit selects your art to use as a premium for a donation, they will receive an amount equal to your share. The portion HELPS-AUSTIN retains pays the sales tax, transaction fees, operating expenses and overhead.
Artist Agreement with HELPS-Austin
By uploading art to our website, you (the artist)
agree to the following stipulations:
- Registered artists agree to the following distribution of sales proceeds. The artist shall maintain possession of all original artwork and is free to sell the original art. The artist agreement gives HELPS-AUSTIN the right to display art images uploaded to the website on the HELPS-AUSTIN website.
- You agree to sell copies (or in some cases originals) of the artwork to promote sponsoring nonprofits up to the stated number of copies in the series edition.
In addition, you agree to produce promotional copies overprinted with HELPS-AUSTIN logo and QR code in a quantity equal to the edition series quantity at the agreed wholesale price to:
A) the sponsoring nonprofit or
You may produce and distribute at your own expense ANY quantity of reproductions with the HELPS-AUSTIN logo and QR code displaying words to the effect you "[the artist] HELPS-AUSTIN".
- The artist shall only upload original art produced by the registered artist and shall hold HELPS-Austin harmless from any and all liabilities including copyright, criminal or civil suits.
- Artists are responsible for production and print quality of all art prints produced as a product for sale or for use as a promotional item. As artist you set the wholesale price and specifications and condition of the reproduction copy. Specifications and wholesale price shall include the type of print, size, framed or not framed. You agree to pay for all shipping costs including all packaging costs, preparation of labels and documents to ship. You as artist also agree to ship and insure delivery of art purchased by a donor within 30 days of the order.
Price and Sales Policies
- Artists can offer up to upload 4 artworks to HELPS-AUSTIN at no cost to use as promotional items (overprinted with the QR code). Additional uploads of original art are charged at a rate that may change from time to time at an annual subscription fee.
- HELPS-Austin acts as a sales agent for the artist retaining one third of the sales price to pay sales taxes and costs of business operations.
One third of the sales price will be designated as a donation of a sponsoring nonprofit and distributed to the same nonprofit entity.
If no nonprofit selects the sold art as a premium, the amount(s) will be held in escrow for six months.
If they remain unclaimed at the end of six months, those proceeds shall be distributed to a nonprofit charity chosen at the discretion of HELPS-AUSTIN. 100% of our profits are distributed periodically to local nonprofits.
The artist's compensation is limited to the wholesale price.
- HELPS-Austin will pay taxing authorities appropriate sales and use taxes and all transaction fees.
- The registered artist retains possession of all original art and the copyright to their art.
- A registered artist may sell all original art without restriction.